Terms & Conditions
1. AUTHORITY. The chauffeur is authorized by us to stop the car and ask any passengers to leave the vehicle if in his opinion they act contrary to our conditions of hire in any way. The passengers must not distract, interfere with or encourage or harass the driver into breaking the law or any of these conditions.
2. DAMAGE/SOILING. Any malicious damage or deliberate breakages or carelessness resulting in damage to the vehicle will be charged directly to the person who placed the booking. Any passenger causing excessive soiling inside the vehicle will be charged for valeting of the vehicle. Excessive soiling is when the car is unusable for the next client and cannot be easily rectified by the chauffeur with equipment provided in the vehicle.
3. LICENSING/INSURANCE. Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd is a licensed operator and has full private hire insurance. We will not carry more passengers than our insurance or licensing allows.
4. SMOKING/FOOD/DRINK. Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd has a NON-smoking policy to protect the chauffeur¹s health and our liabilities in line with health and safety legislation. Smoking in the cars is not permitted. The driver will stop for a break if requested. Please inform us in advance if this is required to allow extra time for the journey. Food and drink can be consumed in the car only with the chauffeur¹s permission subject to condition 2 above.
5. SUBSTITUTION. We reserve the right to substitute any car in the event of a breakdown prior to any booking. We will endeavor to supply a vehicle of equal quality, if this is not possible we will make an adjustment to the price accordingly. If the car should breakdown during your journey the chauffeur will contact us to arrange car/cars to get you to your destination as soon as practical.
6. BOOKING CONFIRMATION. Your booking is not secured until you receive confirmation. This will be by letter, fax or E mail. Please check you¹re booking confirmation carefully and inform us of any errors. We will endeavor to check all flight details, connection times etc. supplied to us by the client but Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd cannot be responsible for any errors or cancellations or timetable changes which result in loss or delay to the client or passengers.
7. DEPARTURE TIMES. We will recommend departure and journey times to be allowed for after making allowances for the day of travel and times. Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd cannot be responsible for clients insistence for any variation to the recommended times or delay to agreed departure time, which may result in missed flights, connections or meetings or any other loss. Any delay during a journey caused by the passenger is solely their own responsibility. The driver must not be asked to speed or drive recklessly to make up time.
8. QUOTES. A Quote can be verbal, in writing or by E-mail and will be based on information supplied by the client. The quote will be considered as binding by Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd subject to these terms and will be valid for 1 Month. All quotes tendered included mileage and or time starting from and terminating at our Southampton address.
9. LIABILITY. Every effort will be made to get you to your destination on time, but we are not liable for any loss due to delays caused by traffic jams, road works, road closures, diversions, extreme weather conditions, collisions caused by other parties ,or terrorist attacks on the journey. Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd may cancel all services and refund in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
10. ACCOUNTS. We will carry out work on account for individuals or companies (the applicant) subject to status. We may require in the first instance payment in advance before allowing account facilities. As a condition of opening an account with us the applicant will agree to pay all invoices issued by us within 30 days from the date of invoice. Any discounts or special rates will be agreed beforehand by us in writing. The applicant for an account must provide any references required to check creditworthiness.
11. TERMINATION. Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd reserves the right to refuse or terminate any booking if it is felt to be not genuine or places any driver or vehicle at risk of damage or abuse by the client or by persons (connected or not connected with the client) in the vicinity of any location during the hire. The vehicle will leave the vicinity of any disturbance whether the client is present or not and only return when safe to do so. Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd will terminate the hire with immediately effect and ask the client to vacate the vehicle (when safe to do so) if at the chauffeur¹s discretion the client commits any act which threatens the safety of the vehicle or its occupants. There will be no refund of fare if part way through the hire or a later return journey is unused. The passengers will be refused entry if the chauffeur suspects drug, alcohol or solvent abuse prior to or during the hire period.
12. PAYMENT. We reserve the right to ask for full payment or a deposit when making a non account booking. These can be made by credit card (see condition 13), debit card, postal order, cash or cheque (which must be cleared by the time of travel). Where a booking deposit is accepted the balance will be paid in advance of traveling. For very short notice bookings from persons unknown only payment by cash to the driver beforehand will be accepted. Some or all of these conditions may be relaxed when we are satisfied with the credentials of the booker for subsequent bookings.
13. CREDIT CARDS. We can only accept credit card payments from the person or company (if on behalf of an employee/client of that company) that is traveling. We cannot accept credit card bookings from third parties. We must be supplied with card details to be verified in advance. A full address for the booking must be supplied and must either connected with that person (the residence or place of work of that person). We will only accept phone bookings from a verifiable and fixed phone line. The person traveling will be required to produce the card for signature verification to the driver before commencement of journey.
14. CANCELLATION. We will only refund deposits up to 24 hours before the journey commencement. Wedding deposits are excluded and are non refundable. Cancellation fees may apply.
15. CAPACITIES. Whilst we can carry up to 4 persons (Mercedes & Volvo saloon) and six people (people carriers), we cannot guarantee to carry their entire luggage. Please notify us to make prior arrangements to carry excess luggage at the time of booking. We can accommodate extra luggage at a reasonable charge.
16. SUBCONTRACTORS. Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd reserve the right to use subcontract chauffeurs when needed. Hampshire Executive Travel Ltd vet all subcontractors to ensure the same high standards we expect from ourselves.